If you are interested in impacting the lives of youth and families, Central Oklahoma Camp is the place for you. Check back here for employment options throughout the year!
If you have any questions or concerns please call the office at 405-282-2811
Are you a college student interested in joining our summer staff? View our Summer Staff Application
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Central Oklahoma Camp and Conference Center is creating a new position that is responsible for all camp marketing. If interested, please send inquiry and resume to email@example.com . Check out the job description
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations is a vital member in the camp leadership team. The Director of Marketing and Public Relations will work directly with the Executive Director and other members of the leadership team to oversee all camp marketing efforts. They will play a key role in communicating with camp affiliates and alumni. The purpose of this position is to take the Central Oklahoma Camp and Conference Central to the next level through new partnerships and an increase in both brand image and brand reach.
Duties and responsibilities
- Marketing for both Central Oklahoma Camp & Conference Center (COCCC) and Make Promises Happen (MPH).
- Create quarter and annual marketing goals.
- Creating a calendar and timeline of events to keep projects moving forward without overlapping too much. Creating this will make it easier to follow through the years to come.
- Promote COCCC during annual fundraisers such as the Annual Mud Run, Charity Race, 30 in 30, and the Gala.
- Research, create, and promote new fundraising avenues.
- Assist with recruitment and help inform the community of volunteer opportunities.
- Oversee the camp store and sales of camp merchandise.
- Assist camp management team with creating camp prints such as posters, business cards, graphics, etc.
- Design and promote camp t-shirts and other camp merchandise.
- Manage social media accounts, and post at appropriate times of the day and year.
- Send camp letters to affiliates and alumni to keep the connection with camp family.
- Plan and execute an Open House for alumni and prospective volunteers to update them on camp.
- Prior camp experience preferred.
- Prior nonprofit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field, or experience in Marketing and PR preferred.
- Proficient computer skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Photoshop programs.
- Have a creative and proactive mindset in the work environment.
Working conditions and Attire
Your position is mainly office-based, but as camp family we enjoy being outside and being active with the camps on-site. Appropriate attire such as shorts and a camp t-shirt during camp activities is allowed, and business casual is recommended when marketing in the community.